Twitter gives you a great chance for increasing your impression and prestige: Retweets!
Retweets often give you more prestige, followers, and web traffic if you use them correctly. According a to a report, Twitter had more than 550 million active users, 58 million new tweets per day and 135 thousand new users per day until April 2013. These numbers are increasing every moment and it is a very special opportunity for people and brands to be more seen by their audience and customers.
Many of these people use Twitter to get acquainted with brands and their services and products. Then you possess a great potential for achieving a large number of audience; but so do your rivals. There are so many marketers like you on Twitter who are looking for more customers.
One of the best ways to be more seen on Twitter is retweet.
Get More Retweets, Using These 16 Simple Tricks!
1. Using hashtags increases retweet numbers up to 55%. Hashtags in tweets help you to be accessible for more people.
2. Use a maximum of 3 hashtags. Using too many ones will make the tweet hard to read.
3. Using quotes in tweets will increase their chances of retweeting by 30%. People love sharing quotes on Twitter. According to researches, even “quotation marks” have a great effect on the number of retweets.
Attaching images to your tweets, increases their chances of retweets too. Having smartphones and cameras, you can always simply add images to the contents you share on your social media and they will attract people to you like magnets.
The following results were obtained by examining 482862 tweets in order to measure the effect of photos attached to tweets:
4. If you share an image from Twitter’s own platform, your tweets will probably be retweeted twice more than the other ones.
5. If you use Twitpic for sharing tweets, it’ll increase the chances of your tweet to be retweeted by 60%.
Twitpic is one of the first apps used for sharing images on Twitter. This platform has a special popularity among reporters (although it’s not as good as sharing images via Twitter itself).
6. If you use Instagram images, that will decrease the chances of your tweet to be retweeted by over 40%.
7. If you use Facebook images, that will decrease the chances of your tweet to be retweeted by almost 50%.
Therefore, using other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, not only doesn’t help your tweets to be retweeted, but may decrease their interaction rate.
7 Sorts of Calls-to-Action Which Increase the Number of Retweets:
The effect of Call-to-Action on the number of retweets in 2.7 million tweets was studied and the results below were found:
8. Call-to-Action words are important.
We have brought you 7 top phrases with the most influence on retweet numbers:
9. On top of the Call-to-Action list, we have these two phrases: “Please help” and “Please retweet”. These phrases increased the number of retweets by over 100%.
10. The number of characters on Twitter is limited, so make sure that your message is crystal clear for your audience.
11. Your behavior and manner is more important than the number of tweet characters. For example, “Retweet please” and “Please” are the next ones on the list.
12. Although “Retweet” and “Share” phrases do increase the retweets, but they aren’t as effective as the four phrases above.
13. Not surprisingly, “Visit” is the last one on the list. It is the closest phrase to direct and obvious advertisement.
Analyzing 1.4 million accounts among 1.2 million tweets showed that:
14. Long tweets with approximately 120 characters are more retweeted.
15. Tweets that contain 100-115 characters are retweeted one-third more than the tweets outside this range.
16. The chances of tweets with more than 120 characters to be retweeted, is less than the others.
The final point is that you can make your tweets more accessible by making relatively minor changes in your contents shared on Twitter.
» 9 Strategies to Increase Social Media followers
One the most important concerns of today’s businesses is increasing the number of followers on social networks.
stay with us to learn some strategies to Increase Social Media followers...
» Manage Your Social Networks In 18 Minutes!
Spending less than half an hour a day for managing social networks may seem exaggerating, especially now that users spend two hours a day on social media.
But if you
» Who Is A YouTuber And How To Become One
Since the first video as “Me at the zoo” was shared on YouTube by one of its founders, Jawed Karim, in 2005, YouTube has turned into the world’s second most ...