The greatest moment to start a new social networking app is right now. Because of the corona virus, people and even entire enterprises are isolated, and typical in-person contact has become impossible. Some, like Joel Golby in his Guardian piece, even believe that the "corona virus has irreversibly damaged communication." What, if not social networks and social media applications, can help rescue it? It's no surprise that the volume of voice calls using Facebook's WhatsApp messaging program has increased in recent weeks. Furthermore, social networking applications are a fantastic source of breaking news. We may continue to trend toward online communication even when the world returns to normal.
Social applications are a great commercial prospect even if there are no pandemics. You can't live without a phone nowadays. People are spending more time on tablets and smartphones, and the volume of mobile traffic is growing smart phone and tablet owners only utilize the browser 10% of the time they use their devices. And they spend 90% of their time on various applications. Digital audio, social networks, mobile video, gaming, and messaging are the most popular apps among consumers.
Make a list of the issues that the application solves. Consider the application's purpose and goals from the user's perspective. Figure out why people would want to download and use your software. What issues will it address? People download applications for the content, functionality, and simplicity of use that they provide.
So, what do individuals hope to get out of a social media app? They want to connect, share, enjoy, and discover new things. Some people use social media to attract consumers, while others use it to boost their egos and self-esteem. They may become an important part of people's lives, meeting their requirements for closeness, attention, and communication. Furthermore, many people are worried with their appearance. Social media sites offer limitless opportunities for users to display themselves in a positive light.
In a nutshell, a social networking app's major features are:
- Self-expression and self-realization.
- Ease of use.
The cost of developing a social networking app varies based on how complicated and varied the app is. If you're serious about turning your concept into a product, look at your competition and see what you can do to improve your product. The major goal is to establish a long-lasting social media app.
The following are characteristics of an excellent social media app:
- Possibility of uploading and sharing photographs and/or videos. This is the most important point.
- Ease of use – if something is already easy, make it even simpler; otherwise, users will not use your software. After all, the ability to modify and share a photo in only three clicks was one of the reasons for, for example, Instagram’s popularity.
- Ability to personalize profiles and portray yourself in the most professional manner imaginable.
- Using names, keywords, or hashtags, you may either locate and follow your friends or establish new ones.
- Integration with other social media networks is possible. Your application has a little chance of surviving on its own. Connect it to other social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Users are more likely to trust integrated apps.
- Privacy and security – The recent history of security and privacy concerns at Facebook exemplifies this argument.
- Notifications and feeds – many individuals create social media accounts without ever publishing anything. Their objective is to learn about what's new in other people's lives.
- Posting comments and sending private messages are both possible.
There are, however, alternative methods to generate money from free apps outside adding advertisements. You may monetize your free app in a number of ways:
- With the introduction of an in-app checkout last year, in-app purchases are likely to be Instagram's next major business.
- The Lite option is free, but it only has a restricted range of features. When you purchase the Pro edition, you have access to all of the features.
- Subscriptions – You can charge a monthly fee for access to your app if you provide a subscription.
- Affiliate marketing is a terrific approach to start your social media marketing campaign by having affiliate partners promote and sell your app on your behalf.
- Several approaches are combined.
Furthermore, today's effective design requires a well-chosen color palette. You may enhance your brand and boost its awareness by using a well-chosen color scheme. It's critical that the colors chosen be appealing to users. But don't go overboard with the hue. Design isn't about creating art; it's about solving issues. A social media app's main goal is to connect individuals and allow them to share their contributions. Allowing your design to distract people from doing so is not a good idea. This is seen by the recent redesigns of Facebook and Dribbble, which favor whiteness and discard extraneous features.
There are a lot of websites on the internet that sell Instagram clones. There are just a few modification options available with these layouts. To save money, it's tempting to pick one of them. However, employing them in the future may compromise security and privacy. Furthermore, you must still create a backend.
The creation of the one-platform version might take up to 2000 hours, including UX and UI design, app programming (server-side and client-side), testing, deployment, and project management. Add additional 150–200 hours if you wish to create a promotional landing-page website for your app.
Hiring a local development team will cost significantly more. Outsourcing development is a viable option. It's a fantastic method to gain the advantages of having an in-house staff at a lower cost.
You may use these basic estimates to create an Instagram-like app:
Application development: iOS/Android — $23 100
Server-side app development: $25 200
Client-side app development: $13 475
UI/UX Design: $8 400
Total cost: $70 175
There isn't an overabundance of social media platforms. Users are willing to try new things.
» 7 types of social media
There are many types of social media, each with its own set of functions. When it comes to social media, we all think of Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, ...
» Is It Necessary to be on Social Media
Not only do social media play an important part in connecting individuals and creating relationships with key influencers and ...
» How Social Media Affects Students
The educational organization of any country has a great role in the upbringing and growth of that society. Perhaps it can be said that the education of any country is one of the basic and ...