Strategies for advertising and planning for attracting audience and customers via social networks, is very important and effective in today’s business world. A proper and professional schedule and advertising strategy helps you know what you should do at any time and see its good results. But remember that before designing a business strategy, you should do some analysis and get to know your audience on social networks and then go forward; otherwise there will be a big gap between you and the audience and this may cause you lose your customers. Many companies may disregard the advantages of using social networks; but be sure that since social networks have become pandemic, you can’t ignore their positive effect on your business after a while and if you do, your chances of failure will be higher. Statistics show that today, 71 percent of the consumers who were satisfied with your services and products, share their positive experience with other users on social networks. It’s pretty obvious that these are the best and most efficient advertisements for you. In this article, we are going to review 15 main steps of advertising strategy on social networks that helps you progress easier.
What Is Advertising Strategy on Social Networks?
Simply put, advertising strategy on social networks is an organized schedule in which you should specify your goals first, then get to know your audience and take the other steps little by little considering this information. The significant point that you need to keep in mind is that working on advertising strategy on social networks may have the opposite result for you if you do things without a plan and data collection. That’s why you should consider data collection, research on audience and review your goals in every step. We are going to check the main steps of implementing an advertising strategy on social networks.
Checking Marketing Goals
Checking marketing goals is the most important step for designing an advertising strategy on social networks because it is like the first brick of a building and a small mistake in this step is enough to have your whole strategy going on the wrong way. The next thing you need to remember is that your goals in digital world and on social networks can be actually different from your goals in real world. Therefore, our experts believe that you need to be flexible and realistic if you want to implement a strategy on your social networks successfully. Not being realistic causes you to set goals that are bigger than they should be and in such circumstances you will waste your time and energy. Remember that your goals on social networks should be complementing your main business goals. The goals that you set for marketing should have a good outcome for you. It is better to consider these matters while you’re targeting, to make sure that you have the right goals:
• Goals must be scheduled properly
• Goals must be related to your business
• Goals must be reachable
• Goals must be measureable
• Goals must be specified and accurate
Once your goals have these features you can be more hopeful because it’s more likely for them to be implemented in the future and you might receive a better result. Even if you intend to challenge yourself while targeting, you need to know that you’ll fail if your goals aren’t realistic. Another point that you should have in mind while targeting is that today not only the number of your audience on a social network matters, but you should also consider how important you are to your audience. When you attracted the audience you wanted, you usually go for general goals as most online businesses do. These general goals include:
• Guiding followers to increase service and product sales.
• Increasing audience’s information about services and products
• Increasing sales
• Finding new fans and turning them into loyal customers
Specifying Business Criteria
Specifying business criteria helps you observe the process of your improvement better and easier. On the other hand, if you wouldn’t have proper criteria, you may spend so much time and energy on your business pages on social networks and at the end don’t even realize if it has worked. Online business success metrics are specified by the goals that you set in the first step. Nowadays, social networks provide you different statistics about the status of posts and pages that you can find various interesting statistics about your business by using them. You can also specify exactly which post had what goal and if they match with your criteria. The point you need to consider here is the amount of audience interaction in your posts. When the audience communicate with your posts and interact with them, you can be happy for producing and sharing a successful content that has involved your audience.
Understand Your Audience
People on different social networks behave in different ways and that’s why using these networks for advancing your goals can be very different too. In such circumstances if your strategies and plans match your audience’s viewpoint, it’ll definitely be more effective and you can go forward faster. For instance, statistics show that 30-40 year-old audiences are mostly active on Facebook and 15-25 year-old ones are more likely to be on Instagram. So you should choose a social network based on the target audience and produce suitable and proper contents for them. Besides, you should always consider what kind of people your audience are, how much time they spend on the internet and what do they search during this time.
Choose an Appropriate Social Network
Same as previous steps, this one is also highly depended on your business goals. It is very important to find out which social network your audience spend time on more than others. In addition, you need to note that using several social networks can be very beneficial and effective for you; that’s why the businesses that intend to build a professional long-term strategy start working on a specific social network and after a while when they prospered on that network, they start planning for activity on another one, where the rest of the customers are. In order to realize which social network your audience is more active on, you can make a simple questionnaire and answer the questions based on what you know about your customers. There is a significant point here: don’t spend time on social networks that your customers aren’t there.
Check Your Competitors’ Situation on Social Networks
In order to survive in today’s business world, you should be aware of your competitors’ situation. You can find your weaknesses and strengths over them and act based on this information. For example, you see that your competitor is widely active on Facebook but is not focused on Instagram; in this kind of circumstances you should choose Instagram as your first social network so that you can compete better.
Plan for Generating Contents
It is very important to have high quality and targeted content on social networks and as a business owner who intends to have a good future on social networks, you should consider this point: “the content you produce, should be beneficial for your audience and it is a total mistake to keep just advertising your services and products.” You need to remember that there always should be a balance between informative and advertising contents on a page. On the other hand, visiting other people’s contents makes you known as a real person and you earn more people’s trust. The next case about content generation is that each social network requires its own special content and you should set a proper schedule for generating it in order to get your desired result. It’s better to pay attention to what content your audience finds interesting rather than your own personal taste while you’re generating content.
Other Necessary Steps of Strategy for Advertising on Social Networks
We are going to check the rest of the steps that you need to take for designing an advertising strategy so that you can make better decisions about it.
• Remember to design your accounts on different social networks similar to each other and use proper elements such as graphic and logo in your posts and for your profile photo. You can get good results if you allocate the required amount of time for it.
• Use a content calendar and share your posts on schedule; Consider this important point that today, different social networks can distinguish if your post is usable in that specific time period by using their advanced algorithms; in case your post is not usable, be sure that it won’t be seen by the audience and you won’t be able to feel the positive effect of that post on your progress speed. Scheduling for each post can have good results for you over time. Nowadays, there are appropriate tools for scheduling your activities on social networks that would make the job easier for you.
• Generate your contents to fit the social network you work on; you just need to answer these questions: what is the best content for this page? Isn’t it better to use emoji in my posts? How should I use hashtags and how many of them do I have to use based on the type of my social network? How long my post duration should be or how many characters should it contain?
• What is the suitable content for my business page? Answer this question carefully so that you’d be able to specify the type of your content. Pictures, videos, texts and such things are various types of contents on social networks that you should decide which one or ones are going to be used according to the researches you’ve done.
• Do not miss advertisements; using effective advertisements enables you to have your targeted content seen by more people and get a better result at the end. Advertisements should help you receive more feedback; therefore your advertising content should somehow raise a question for audience and attract them to your page for finding the answer. Consider that it’s also very important to do your advertisement where you’re sure it’ll be seen by the people who use your services or products.
• Since social networks are built based on effective communication and interaction, you should remember in every step that you need to interact with your audience and make them do so. Using hashtags, which are related to your business and your content, can be very beneficial and efficient.
• Benefit from influencers’ power; because these people have managed to collect a number of loyal audiences for themselves and can help you very much by advertising and offering what you sell. Remember that using influencers’ power is like buying someone’s reputation and credibility and use it for your own interests.
» Who Is A YouTuber And How To Become One
Since the first video as “Me at the zoo” was shared on YouTube by one of its founders, Jawed Karim, in 2005, YouTube has turned into the world’s second most ...
» Getting More Retweets on Twitter Using 16 Simple Tricks
Twitter gives you a great chance for increasing your impression and prestige: Retweets!
Retweets often give you more prestige, followers, and web traffic if you use them correctly. According a ...
» Tricks for Increasing Views
Social networks give the followers of a page some statistics about the posts by displaying items such as the number of likes and views. ...